Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 260- The life of a pastor's wife

The life of a Pastor's wife can be a wonderful blessing. It can also be hard and unpredictable. Last night, I made this nice roasted chicken for supper, only to have Dan have to leave right before it was out of the oven to make a pastoral call. He was gone almost 3 hours. I don't know how to carve a chicken. I managed to get enough meat off for Anna to eat, but by that time I was done. The chicken did not appeal to me anymore, and I had a bowl of cereal. I wasn't really that upset about it... it wasn't something Dan had planned on. There are definitely more important things than a chicken. I am thankful for the the service to God my husband is doing and pray that God continues to give me strength and patience to support him in whatever way I can!



(It does look pretty good though, doesn't it?)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh Angela - what a great attitude - that is the only way to get through it. And when you said "he is serving the Lord". It makes it all better. Your dinner looked great !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan is very blessed to have such a supportive wife. Plus, that chicken looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete