Saturday, June 23, 2012

My First Afghan!

I just finished my first afghan! I'm pretty proud of myself. I've never done anything bigger than a hat or scarf, so this was definitely a big project. I started plenty early (February, I think?) because I knew it would take a while for me to complete. I'm glad I did, because I lost motivation as our temperatures started to rise and the last thing I wanted on my lap was a blanket! I finished it just in time to give to my niece and god-daughter, Emma, who turned 10 on the 11th. We'll give it to her when we see her next week!



It's a simple chevron pattern in green, yellow, and white... Packers colors! I found this great pattern here. It's by no means perfect. I'm mostly a self-taught crocheter, so I'm sure there a billion mistakes. The edges are not completely straight and it's not quite as long as I hoped. I hope Emma enjoys it all the same. It seems like a great blanket to curl up with a book.



Jenni- don't let Emma see this! ;)

Back to packing. We leave tomorrow!! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment