Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Repeat

Sometimes I wish that life was like a cd player. I would love to have the option to Stop. Pause. Fast Forward. Rewind. Repeat. I would press Stop when things in life were getting crazy. Fast Forward during sickness or things like trips to the DMV. Rewind for those precious moments that I missed or didn't recognize; Molly's first word, Anna's first sentence. Repeat for moments I would love to relive again and again. Yesterday was a day that I wish I could have pressed the Repeat button.

The weather was BEAUTIFUL; mid 70s. Molly woke up all smiles and was happy all morning. Both girls ate great lunches and took long naps. I got a lot accomplished, even if was things that weren't fun like laundry and cleaning. After naps, the girls and I walked the two and half blocks to a near by park. We came home to Dan, back from his circuit meeting. I made one of my favorite meals... Chancery's Three Cheese Chicken Mac. I went to the gym and had a great workout shaking my booty during Zumba. I came home to Dan and the girls, playing in the front yard. (I'm loving these longer days already.) After the girls were in bed, I cleaned up the kitchen and then got a coat of primer on a desk that I'm painting for our room. I ended the day with an episode of Up All Night (if you are a parent, you have to check out this show... hilarious!) and 30 Rock.

It wasn't a perfect day. I still had to deal with a meltdown and some crying and whining. I have a two year old and a one year old... they are going to happen. I would have loved to sat down for an hour to read or snuck in a nap. But those things happen few and far between. But the day, overall, was great. One that I wouldn't mind repeating.

Today is not doing a bad job of living up to yesterday. The weather is once again gorgeous. The windows are open and a gentle breeze his making it's way through the house. It's supposed to be this way all week! The girls are currently napping. I already got a coat of paint on the desk. We'll see what the rest of the day brings.

My goal is to make every day a Repeat worthy day.

*Not the best picture, it was from my phone. I forgot to take the camera along. Gasp!!

No comments:

Post a Comment